Friday, January 5, 2007

RTFM first !!!

I work with Cisco boxes and when faced with a task of configuring something unfamiliar to me, there is usually 5 options:
  1. RTFM
  2. Search Cisco website for a sample configuration
  3. Search the Internet, hoping that a kind soul have posted a solution to what you are trying to achieve
  4. Ask the experts in mailing lists, study groups and forums.
  5. Ask my more senior colleagues.
Most of the time, I'll find myself on my own. But sometimes, I find bits and pieces of useful information in the web, selflessly shared online. I can usually get away by copying from Cisco documentation or Cisco configurations posted by some generous netizens. Copy, paste and ready to go!

I have been a beneficiary of this information pool for quite some time now and figured it's time I give back to the community. Expect to see here tips and tricks, sample configurations, workarounds and whatever I think would be useful to my fellow Cisco professionals.

Having said that, let me end my first post with a DISCLAIMER:

No Warranty of any kind is expressed or implied with respect to the information contained in the documents found in this blog! The information found here is compiled for the convenience of anyone looking for general guidelines, reference materials and peer advice. Use this information at your own risk!

No comments: