Tuesday, January 23, 2007

CCIE or bust

I've been eyeing on being a CCIE for several years now and I've finally decided to take on this monster this year. It's no secret that CCIE is one of the toughest vendor certification exam and it's been the ultimate goal for all Cisco professionals. Besides being tough, it is also an expensive endeavor.

I always hear that if you want to take the CCIE, your budget should be at least good for two takes. The idea is that if you fail your first attempt, you should still have enough money to immediately follow-up with a second take while the exam is still fresh in your memory.
For me, being the poor soul that I am, I cannot afford to fail my first take. The budget for one exam is hard enough for me to allocate. I've been convincing myself..."Just one take! Just one take! ..."

Another resource that I'm lacking besides money is time. I hardly have time to study. I use every available time (even at work) to read and study. I stay up late in the evening and I have been conditioning my body to get used to four hours of sleep per day. A Rob Schneider-encouragement would surely help. "YOU CAN DO IT!!!"

Come near the examination date, I plan to totally seclude myself away from distractions. That means I have to find a way to keep away from my wife, son and PC games. Am I overdoing it? Well, it is better to be over-prepared than to be sorry and realize too late in the exam that I have not prepared enough. I need to push myself hard because I CAN'T AFFORD TO FAIL!!!

Enough said...I'm going to study now.

No comments: